Sunday, July 30, 2006

If it wasn't for luck I would win everytime.

So I went and watched Superman Returns at the cinema the other night, I could have gone to a house party a friend was having but him and all his mates are all stonners and I couldn't be bothered to be around them when they are in that state or worse.......

Anyway I thought the film wasn't bad can't say I would like to watch it again but it filled up an evening. Althought the reasons why hollywood always insists on turning perfectly good movies into bible epics I will never understand. The man who died to save all humanity and then was ressurected hmmmmm does it ring any bells I wonder. Perhaps it has to do with the ever increasing rise of the Christian right in American politics and ideology who knows.

Anyway I've had a good few poker sessions lately. Currently my bankroll stands at $180. I made quads in holdem the other day and got paid of by king high and queen high although there was a full house on board by the river I don't know if they thought their hands were good to start with or if they were fishing but I appreciated their donations none the less.
And earlier today I flopped a full house in omaha and got all the money in on the flop against another guy holding the same house however things went my way when I turned a bigger full house. It has happened to me quite a few times and today was my turn I suppose. I think the thing that I have improved most in my game lately is the ability to lay down a good hand when I'm quite sure I'm beat; that used to get me into a lot of trouble before.

Anyway I've also been watching some episodes of high stakes poker and although I'm sure lots of people get annoyed by Daniel Negreanu's impressions of Mihn Ly I have found them to be rather comical. I have also gained a huge respect for Phil Laak's solid and very profitable game. It's interesting the way the tv companies portray poker and how playing a good solid game is almost discouraged by them simply because they want to make the show more interesting and excititng for viewers with no regard for the fact that small fortunes are won and lost in each hand. This extends beyond high stakes poker and includes most poker tv shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home